image

image

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blog Post #1 - Matthew Small
1) Full name?
           Matthew Taylor Lipman Small
2) Nickname?
      Nope
3) Height?
         69 inches
4) Age?
          19 years
5) When I wake up?
         It really varies day to day. Some days I'll wake up at 7 in the morning and others at 2 in the afternoon
6) Favorite candy?
          Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
7) Favorite snack food?
          Rice Krispie Treat
8) Favorite Band?
         Rolling Stones, but anything thing from the Woodstock era is pretty much all I listen to
9) Hobbies?
         Scuba diving, archery, collecting vinyl records
10) Math background?
          I've been in every math class up to AP Calc, including Pre-Calc
11) Math weaknesses and comfort level?
          My weakness would be trying to remember what I already understood last time I took Pre-Calc.
          Equations - V
          Factoring - V
          Adding/subtractions.... - C
          Simplifying expressions - V
          Roots and fractional.... - C
          Whole number exponent expressions - C
          Finding common denominators - V
          Inequalities - V
          Functions - C
          Absolute value - V
          Linear functions - C
          Systems of equations - V
          Domain and range - C
          Inverse functions - C
          Transformations - C
          Quadratic functions - C
          Completing the square - C
          Exponential functions - C
          Logarithmic functions - U
          Base e - U
          Graphing - V
          Trigonometric concepts - C
12) Math concepts I'll excel in?
        Anything with Algebra. I love algebra
13) Social media formats I'm familiar with?
          Texting and facebook
14) Social media formats I use most frequently
         Texting and facebook
15) Major?
        Psychology
16) Why I'm taking this class?
          It's required for Pre- Med students
17) Will I take other math classes?
         Probably not
18) What do you hope to learn in this class?
          I've already taken this class in high school, so this is pretty much a review for me
19) Anything else?
            I'm a very open person, anything you want to know; just ask.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for your post, matthew. we share an affinity for reeses peanut butter cups! yum!

    so, i'm sort of surprised that you don't have to take more mathematics as a pre-med student. guess i'll chat with you more about this at some point. see you next week. =0]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rice krispy treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love music from the Woodstock era, too. I went to the place in NY (it's now an outside concert venue) a couple years ago where Woodstock happened. It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete