image

image

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Get to Know Meeeee :)

  1. What is your full name? Uchechi Karen Joshua (Guaranteed to never meet anyone with the same name ;) )
  2. Do you have a nickname that you prefer to go by? Uche! (pronounced oochay) a few cooler kids call me Joshua
  3. What is your height in inches? 67 in.
  4. What is your age in years? 18 (shout out to all the '95 babies)!
  5. What time do you generally wake up on any given day? HAHA, I would stay in bed all day if I could BUT, I shoot for 7:30-8 am
  6. What is your favorite candy? Two Words… GUMMY BEARS
  7. What is your favorite snack food? Ehhh, at this current moment I could really go for some Hot Cheetos
  8. Who is your favorite musical artist/band? I have so many 0_o… SO I’ll just say Childish Gambino because I am listening to him as I type this
  9. Do you have any hobbies/things you like to do for fun? SLEEPING, watching horrible reality TV, blogging (chocolatechola.tumblr.com and Uchechi Joshua on Soundcloud), online shopping, going to poetry slams, and dancing (not professionally) with my roommate in our dorm room)
  10. What is your mathematical background? (Not limited to the list below…list other topics if needed)
Basic math    algebra1    algebra2    statistics    probability    trigonometry
In high school I went through algebra 1 &2, geometry, and stats and prob,  and also took basic 140 level math and stats at AU
 
11. Which mathematical concepts in this class do you think you may struggle with/what are your math weaknesses/fears? I ABSOLUTELY DREAD ANY TYPE OF WORD PROBLEM


What is your comfort level with any of the following algebraic topics?


Write one of the following next to each topic:


Very comfortable (V)    comfortable (C)        uncomfortable (U)    extremely uncomfortable (E)


Equations V
Factoring V
Adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing fractions/rational expressions V
Simplifying expressions C
Operations on roots and fractional exponent expressions U
Operations involving whole number exponent expressions C
Finding common denominators  C
Inequalities C
Functions U
Absolute value C
Linear functions C
Systems of equations U
Domain and range C
Inverse functions U
Transformations (shifting, scaling, stretching, etc) U
Quadratic functions U
Completing the square U
Exponential functions U
Logarithmic functions C
Base e E (whhaaatt??)
Graphing U
Trigonometric concepts U


12. Which mathematical concepts covered in this class do you think you will excel in/what are your strengths/where are you confident? I am pretty awesome at math as long as it is explained well, but I definately go ham when it comes to factoring, and fractions.
13. Which social media formats are you familiar with? Almost everything
14. Which social media formats do you use most frequently? Instagram, Facebook, tumblr, texting


15. What is your major? Accounting (not as boring as it sounds lol)
16. Why are you taking this math class? For my major (Prep for Applied Calc)
17. Will you take other math classes in the future at American University or will this be your only math class? If yes, which classes will you take? Yes, I will also be taking applied calc and other accounting/ financial math
18. What do you hope to learn in this class? I just want to be a Mathematics Wizard like the next person
19. Is there anything else you would like me to know about you? Feel free to call on me :)

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment