image

image

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Getting To Know You

Getting To Know You

1. Malissa Summer Abdulla
2. Nope, I usually go by Malissa!
3. 70 inches
4. 18
5. As late as I possibly can. 
6. A plain Hershey's bar. 
7. Oreo's. 
8. The Perishers
9. I enjoy photography, going to concerts, and shopping!
10. I have taken algebra, math 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Georgia has a weird system for setting up math curriculum) through AP Statistics, although I did not take the AP exam. 
11. My biggest fear is that I won't remember what I learned in high school and will have trouble. Math also tends to be my worst subject.
Equations (V)
Factoring (V)
Adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing fractions/rational expressions (V)
Simplifying expressions (V)
Operations on roots and fractional exponent expressions (V)
Operations involving whole number exponent expressions (V)
Finding common denominators (V)
Inequalities (V)
Functions (V)
Absolute value (V)
Linear functions (V)
Systems of equations (V)
Domain and range (V)
Inverse functions (V)
Transformations (shifting, scaling, stretching, etc)(V)
Quadratic functions (V)
Completing the square (V)
Exponential functions (C)
Logarithmic functions (C)
Base e (C)
Graphing (C)
Trigonometric concepts (C)12. Graphing, functions, and equations. 
13. Texting, facebook, pinterest, flickr, wordpress, flickr, tumblr, and twitter. 
14. Texting, facebook, wordpress, flickr, tumblr, and twitter.
15. International relations and arabic. 
16. To better my understanding and proficiency of fundamental math concepts. 
17. I'm not sure yet. 
18. More about math  basics. 
19. I'm very hesitant about asking questions in class.  

4 comments:

  1. I also fear that I won't remember what I learned in high school and will have trouble with the course. We can make a study group according to our knowledges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, malissa. thanks for your responses! i love that you love the perishers! i love them, too. we do a lot of group work in this class, in hopes of helping students to feel more comfortable asking questions among their group members. it can sometimes be daunting to ask a question in a sea of 20+ people. but it's not so bad in a group of 3 or 4. =0] see you tomorrow.

    professor little

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your love of sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concerts are good.

    ReplyDelete